Thursday, February 26, 2009


A wonderful woman and a very special friend has been very gracious to share her recipe for home-made Granola. Ginny and her husband, Dave, were like a second parents to me when I lived in Miami. Having dinner, lunch, or just a cup of coffee and something decadent at their house was always a special treat. She asked that I try this recipe before I post it but I am positive that you will not be disappointed.


A pinch of that here and a dash of that there and voila....

Ginny's Home-Made Granola

3 Cups Oats - not instant - old fashion

brown sugar - 1/4 c. or more

honey - 1/4 cup or more

almonds

raisins

cranberries

sesame seeds

sunflower seeds

1/4 c. vegetable oil

cinnamon

pinch of salt

Mix all the above ingredients and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Cool on the counter top. Do not cool in the oven. Enjoy as a snack, over yogurt, fruits and over milk.




1 comment: